Stress Urinary Incontinence
overactive bladder (OAB)
Do you leak urine when you laugh, cough, sneeze or workout? Urinary incontinence is an extremely common condition, affecting as many as 45% of North American women. There are many risk factors and types of incontinence:
1. Stress Incontinence: Urine leakage with activities (coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting, exercising)
Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence include:
- Home pelvic floor exercise “Kegel’s”
- Supervised pelvic floor therapy
- Biofeedback therapy
- Vaginal Inserts, ie. Pessary
- Surgical treatment options like slings, tapes, suspension and debulking
The Emsella chair, which strengthens the pelvic floor, is a non-surgical, non-invasive way to treat, and in a high percentage of patients, resolve stress urinary incontinence with the added benefit of improved sensation during sex for a more pleasurable outcome. Learn more here (put the correct link in). Combine with the O-Shot or Emfemme® for an even better outcome.
- O-Shot – helps to reduce inflammation, regenerate nerves, and supports tissue growth. Learn more here.
- Combine with Emsella for an even better outcome.
- FemiLift – 21st Century’s most advanced non-surgical vaginal tightening and vaginal rejuvenation laser to restore feminine health without the need for anaesthesia or surgery. Learn more here.
Emfemme is a good adjunct therapy to create more collagen and elastin to support the bladder neck.
2. Urge incontinence/overactive bladder (OAB): Leaking when you have a sudden and compelling desire to urinate that you are not able to control.
Treatments for Urge Incontinence include:
- Timed voiding
- Dietary changes like avoiding coffee, spicy foods, alcohol, acidic foods, carbonated drinks, artificial sugars, etc.
- Pelvic floor therapies
- Urge suppression
- Medication for overactive bladders
- Botox and neuromodulators
- O-Shot – helps to reduce inflammation, regenerate nerves, and supports tissue growth.
The Emsella – helps to strengthen the pelvic floor, rebuild tissue and give more support to the bladder neck and improve the neuromuscular of the bladder
FemiLift – revitalizes vaginal mucosa, increases collagen and elastin, and increase blood circulation to rejuvenate the vagina
Pelvic Organ Prolapse – a problem that many women suffer from that contribute to leaking. Half of women 50-79 years old have some form of prolapse. Risk factors for prolapse increase with age and number of pregnancies, being overweight, smoking, and suffering chronic coughing or chronic constipation( extra pressure on the bladder neck which gets weak with time and age).
Treatment options are the same as for Stress Urinary Incontinence.
Non-surgical treatments available at VitalityMD for Urinary Incontinence are:
Want to treat, and possibly CURE stress urinary incontinence? Listen to Mandi’s personal experience with the Viveve at VitalityMD, like what you can expect before, during and after the treatment and find out why she’s so HAPPY!
At Vitalitymd we no longer use Viveve but have had similar success with the Emsella chair, femilift and Emfemme. Treating SUI is life changing and the side effects of treatment is better sex….Aren’t you worth it.
Many women may experience some mild occasional leakage when they are younger, and then note a sudden worsening around menopause. This is no coincidence as estrogen helps to keep the connective tissues of the pelvis and urinary tract healthy. With the lack of estrogen that accompanies menopause, the supports to the bladder and urethra weaken. Also, bladder capacity reduces as we get older, so we need to go to the restroom more frequently. With reductions in physical agility, it can sometimes be difficult to get to the toilet in time. Many medical disorders that may predispose one to incontinence, such as hypertension, vascular disease, neurological disorders and diabetes, become more prevalent as we get older. Local or systemic hormones may help.
Most of us either have or know someone who experiences some degree of stress urinary incontinence. It has a profound effect on them. They suffer in silence, it’s embarrassing, it prevents them from enjoying many activities they love. Come to the experts in women’s health and get the results you need. Women have found that our treatments have been life-altering.